The Association of Industrial Security and Safety Operators of Nigeria (AISSON) is a professional body dedicated to advancing the practice of Security and Safety in Nigeria. Founded in 2007, the association aims to give Nigeria’s vibrant security industry a credible and respected voice. The goal of AISSON is to protect the interests of members, address important industrial and national security issues, and create standards for Nigeria’s security sector. AISSON has over 2000 members.
The Vision of AISSON is to lead the security/safety industry in helping solve the enormous security challenges that beset Nigeria. AISSON is poised to provide critical, knowledge-based intervention and attract the necessary recognition of government and industry to the critical role of security and safety in national development.
The mission of AISSON is to provide a strong domestic security association to grow Nigeria’s private security industry. The strategic approaches include knowledge development, research projects, meaningful policy intervention, security legislation, welfare of members, and discipline of industry players. AISSON is poised to give the security profession a voice.
Our objectives at AISSON include:
- To promote industrial security and safety edcation and training in Nigeria
- To promote interests of industrial security and safety professionals in Nigeria
- To promote, protect and defend the interest of its members in Nigeria
- To advance the practice of the security and safety profession in Nigeria
- To donate to Law Enforcement Agencies
- To give awards to distinguished Law Enforcement Agencies
- To provide books and materials to Law Enforcement Agencies
- To publish books and materials for Law Enforcement Agencies
- To encourage its members to adhere to standards set-up by the regulatory authorities
- To set-up information data bank and library facilities that will encourage meaningful research on security, safety and environment matters
- To conduct and carry-on such other related activities as may be necessary, desirable or incidental to gaining recognition and the attainment of its purposes, including recognition of accomplishment in the field of security and safety within business, institution and government.
- To encourage the establishment of Chapters of the association throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- To promote and organize cooperation in the achievement of the above objectives and to that end, to bring together representatives of statutory authorities and voluntary organizations or agencies interested or engaged in the furtherance of the above objectives within the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- To promote, endow, build, furnish and fit-out with all necessary furniture and other equipment and maintain and manage such buildings and premises as may from time to time be required for the purpose of the Association, that is to build, re-organize, re-construct, renovate and equip when necessary
- To employ all such officers and servants as may be required for the purposes of the organization.
AISSON is allied with strategic security partners such as the Nigeria Police Force, the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS International), the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO), the Global Association of Private Security Practitioners (NIGERIA), etc.
The Association is also affiliated with the leading security and safety educational institution in West Africa, the School of Management and Security (Lagos).
PRESIDENT: Dr. Ona Ekhomu, CFE, CPP, CSP, PCI
Former Regional Vice-President, ASIS International.
Author, Effective Personal & Corporate Security(2009), Kidnap: Face to face with death (2014).
Representative, IFPO West Africa
President, Global Association of Private Practitioners
Security Chief of Year 2004 (Nigeria).
AG. REGISTRAR: Omololu Famokunwa, CPO
Ag. Registrar of the Association of Industrial Security & Safety Operators of Nigeria, also School of Management and Security, West Africa’s leading security training institution, he earned Certified Protection Officer (CPO) from International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) and Master in Business Administration from University of Calabar. An associate member of the association (AISSON) and International Foundation for Protection Officers. He is a security professional per excellent who has carved a niche for himself in the industrial security. Also, a prolific marketer and administrator, goal getter and result oriented with nineteen years diversifying experience.
HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICE: Adesuyi Adebimpe Temitope
Born in Lagos, Nigeria. She is the Personal Assistant to the Chairman, Trans-world Security Systems Ltd, she is also the Head of Customer Service of AISSON, Nigeria’s leading private security association.
She attended the University of Ado Ekiti in Ekiti state where she obtained a Bachelors degree in Electrical Electronics Engineering. She attended basic Marketing Course (HR 708) in 2011 and 2017 from Africa’s leading educational institution, the School of Management and Security Lagos, Nigeria.
She is happily married with kids.
ADMIN COORDINATOR: Onyemachi Chinyere,
A graduate of Covenant University Ogun State. A Bachelors degree holder in Mass Communication with the passion of marketing and advertising, have also undergone some training and research under marketing and customer relations. She is from Ikwuano-Umuahia Abia State. She also works as the Marketing Representative in one of the Top leading private security companies in Nigeria. She also functions as the assistant welfare officer in School of Management and Security an Africa leading security training school in Nigeria.