The Association of Industrial Security and Safety Operators of Nigeria (AISSON) is a professional body dedicated to advancing the practice of Security and Safety in Nigeria. Founded by Nigeria’s foremost security professional, Dr. Ona Ekhomu, the association is designed to give Nigeria’s vibrant security industry a credible and viable local association that can develop the industry and raise the stature of the security and safety fields The goal is for security to match other professions such as accounting, law and engineering.
The Vision of AISSON is to lead the security/safety industry in helping solve the enormous security challenges that beset Nigeria. AISSON is poised to provide critical, knowledge-based intervention and attract the necessary recognition of government and industry to the critical role of security and safety in national development.
The mission of AISSON is to provide a strong domestic security association to grow Nigeria’s private security industry. The strategic approaches include knowledge development, research projects, meaningful policy intervention, security legislation, welfare of members, and discipline of industry players. AISSON is poised to give the security profession a voice.
Our objectives at AISSON include:
- To promote industrial security and safety edcation and training in Nigeria
- To promote interests of industrial security and safety professionals in Nigeria
- To promote, protect and defend the interest of its members in Nigeria
- To advance the practice of the security and safety profession in Nigeria
- To donate to Law Enforcement Agencies
- To give awards to distinguished Law Enforcement Agencies
- To provide books and materials to Law Enforcement Agencies
- To publish books and materials for Law Enforement Agencies
- To encourage its members to adhereto standards set-up by the regulatory authorities
- To set-up information data bank and library facilities that will encourage meaningful research on security, safety and environment matters
- To conduct and carry-on such other related activities as may be necessary, desireeable or incidental to gaining recognition and the attainment of its purposes, including recognition of accomplishment in the field of security and safety within business, institution and government.
- To encourage the establishment of Chapters of the association throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- To promote and organize cooperation in the achievement of the above objectives and to that end, to bring together respresentatives of statutory authorities and voluntary organisations or agencies interested or engaged in the furtherance of the above objectives within the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- To promote, endow, build, furnish and fit-out with all necessary furniture and other equipment and maintain and manage such buildings and premises as may from tim to required for the purpose of the Association, that is to build, re-organize, re-construct, renovate and equip when necessary
- To employ all such officersand servants as may be required for the purposes of the organisation.
AISSON is allied with strategic security partners such as the Nigeria Police Force, the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS International), the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO), the Global Association of Private Security Practitioners (NIGERIA), etc.
The Association is also affiliated with the leading security and safety educational institution in West Africa, the School of Management and Security (Lagos).
AISSON is governed by a Board of Trustees including the following pre-eminent security professionals.
CHAIRMAN: Dr. Ona Ekhomu, CFE, CPP
Former Regional Vice-President, ASIS International.
Author, Red Alert Column SATURDAY PUNCH (Lagos, Nigeria).
Representative, IFPO West Africa
President, Global Association of Private Practitioners
Security Chief of Year 2004 (Nigeria).
Major Ibrahim Bantam (Rtd)
Former top official of the Defence Intelligence Agency.
Chief Mrs. Victoria Ekhomu, CPP, PFSO
Regional Vice- President, ASIS International
Trustee, IFPO Nigeria Chapter.
Most Valuable Professional, ASIS Nigeria Chapter 1999.
Obong George Ukpong
Retired Security Manager of Shell Petroleum.
Former Chairman of ASIS Port Harcourt Chapter.